Household Insurance

Home contents insurance is designed to cover your household goods against loss or damage caused by accidents, fire and theft. Just think about how much it would cost to replace everything you have in your home if it was stolen or destroyed. From carpets to curtains… appliances to electronic equipment and furniture – even the contents of a single room could cost a fortune to replace!
Unless you have reliable insurance, the cost of getting back everything you’ve lost could be devastating. Fortunately, most home contents insurance policies in South Africa will cover your household goods against the following risks:

  • Theft or attempted theft causing loss or damage to your goods, following forcible and violent entry to (or exit from) your premises.
  • Fire, lightning and explosions.
  • Loss or damage caused by deliberate or wilful acts.
  • Natural Disasters including storm, wind, flood, hail, snow or earthquake damage.
  • Loss or damage caused by water systems failure, including burst, leaking or overflowing geysers, water supply tanks, cisterns and water pipes.
  • Impact by animals, vehicles, falling trees or parts of trees; aircraft or articles dropped from above.

Important: Before you insure the contents of your home, make a list of the contents of each room and find out how much it would cost to replace each item at today’s prices – which is not the same as the price at which you bought the items. Add everything together to determine your total replacement value.

Car Insurance

Besides to your home, your car is probably your next biggest asset – and it deserves the best motor vehicle insurance cover available.
Do you know if you bought a vehicle and it is under a finance agreement it must be insured under comprehensive cover at all times.
With BestSure, you can choose comprehensive cover to protect your vehicle against accidents, fire and theft – and third party liability claims. With all the cars and people driving under the influence on the roads these days you must have car insurance. Accidents happen in a second when you least expect it.
Theft and Hi-jack is a risk factor in our country and you can never say “It won’t happen to me” we all know it’s around every corner.
BestSure can cover your car, bakkie or 4X4 against accidents, fire and theft and third party claims. Choose Comprehensive, Third Party, Fire & Theft or Third Party only cover options.
BestSure gives you three cover options to choose from:

  • Comprehensive car insurance – covers your vehicle against accidents, fire and theft - and covers you against claims by third parties where you are liable for their damage.
  • Third Party, Fire and Theft – covers your vehicle if it is lost or damaged as a result of fire or theft, and against third party claims, but does not include cover for accidents.
  • Third Party Only insurance – covers third party claims where you are liable for the cost of damage or injury to others, but does not include cover for accidents, fire or theft.

Commercial or/and Business Insurance

Whether you own a small-business or run a large corporation, our expertise allows us to fully understand the specific risks associated with your business and provide cover that is tailored to your business needs. Commercial insurance is insurance for a business. In fact, it is one of the most important investments a business owner can make, as it can be instrumental in protecting a business from potential loss caused by unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances.
This insurance can provide valuable protection against such things as theft, property damage, and liability. It can also provide coverage for business interruption and employee injuries. A business owner who chooses to operate a business without insurance puts his enterprise at risk of losing money and property in the wake of an unfortunate event. In some situations, a business owner may even place personal money and property at risk by failing to secure adequate coverage.

Depending on the particular business, there may be some types of commercial insurance that it doesn’t need. For example, a company may need commercial property insurance, but not commercial auto insurance. Individuals should keep in mind, however, that it is wise to learn about the different types of insurance that are available, even if their company doesn’t need them all. As the business grows and expands, an owners may discover that his or her insurance needs change. Obtaining preliminary information now will provide the person with the basic information he or she needs to decide whether or not to add to or change a policy later.
Though most businesses are able to buy insurance with ease, for others, securing it is difficult. For example, a business that has already experienced a considerable loss may be viewed as a high-risk company. To insurance companies, significant previous losses translate into a heightened risk of high or frequent claims. A business may also be considered high risk if it is fairly new or involved in operations that make frequent insurance claims more likely. In such situations, securing coverage is not impossible, but the agent may need to provide the owner with options for finding insurance through non-standard avenues.

Sectional Title Insurance

We at Bestsure specialize in Bodies Corporate Insurance both in residential and commercial settings. With the expertise to cater for this very specialized niche market, we strive to give our clients the best possible solutions with unique, tailor-made policies to match this ever changing market.
Key benefits to our clients

  • A 24/7 emergency phone number (0861 10 12 40)
  • Lower or no excess on all geyser replacements (dependant on the building’s claim ratio and whether our panel is utilized)
  • Managing Agents have a direct “claims reporting facility” to an authorized insurance loss adjuster, avoiding unnecessary time delays of claim settlements(0861 10 12 40)
  • BestSure has the authority to authorize claim settlement cost up to R15k
  • Building maintenance and structural risk surveys in compliance with NBR
  • Preferred motor and household insurance cover rates to all sectional title residents

It is essential for the trustees of a body corporate to take out adequate sectional title insurance. While a sectional title owner is not obligated to purchase insurance, it is up to the body corporate to ensure that the scheme is insured.
Sectional title insurance should cover buildings and common property for the replacement of each owner’s section. Owners are expected to obtain personal insurance on top of the bodies corporate insurance to cover claims resulting from their own negligence.
Trustees and owners should check that the following is in place to avoid claims from being repudiated:

  • Functional and adequate fire-fighting equipment should be in place
  • The scheme should not be under insured
  • Equipment and building materials should be SABS approved e.g. Geysers, etc.
  • Ensure that your Sectional title insurance policies are not lapsed
  • Regular maintenance is carried out.

Terms and conditions apply
Top of page